Sunday, May 19, 2013

Emery is walking and Brody's first campout!

Emery is 13 months old now, and  started walking about a week ago!  She was taking a few steps at a time for about 2 weeks, but now she can walk wherever she wants - and her legs are so short and chubby, it is just too cute!  I will have to get a good picture of her walking soon!  She is about to get a couple more teeth, but she only has 4 right now.  Speaking of teeth, Brody went to the dentist on Friday and was so good - he let them clean his teeth and was such a big boy!  He is growing up so fast!  He talks so well, and has quite the vocabulary!  

A few weeks ago (during a cold spell!) we had some friends over to play in the mud.  All the kids were soaked in mud and water, and they loved it!  This is Shelley and Meg - we run and workout together, and get the kids together to play a lot!



A couple weekends ago, Brody and Daddy camped out in the back yard!  We had a whole afternoon of events - we made a fire to cook hot dogs and smores on, they set up the tent, and then actually slept in it all night!  Jay has already bought a pad to sleep on next time, but overall, they slept well, and Brody is ready to do it again!


Brody had tons of snacks with him!  They also had their sleeping bags, flashlights, and a lantern.


Emery and I just hung out inside once it got dark.  Brody and Daddy went on a "hunt" in the dark with their flashlights!  It was just so cute! 

Brody getting a haircut and eating push pops!



Brody has been having swimming lessons once a week.  He does really well - he can float on his back, and turn around and swim to the wall.  I'm not sure if he will be swimming by himself this summer but it will be close. 


We had our 8 year anniversary a couple weeks ago!  We went to eat at a nice steakhouse in Little Rock.  We love date nights!


I took the kids to Wynne to watch Tom play baseball during the week one day.  His game got cancelled, but we had a great time playing and cooking hot dogs and smores again - we love that meal!





I just love this picture of Emery sitting in the stroller!



Mother's Day 2013!  I am so blessed to have these 2 sweet babies!! I love them both so much and am so thankful that Jay works so hard so I can stay home with them every day!


Finger painting...which actually didn't go so great!  We will try it again soon!

No comments: